Sunday, September 2, 2012

It came from the neighbor's...

We all know the economy is not the greatest around here.  A large amount of home are either for sale, foreclosed on, or just plan abandoned. That also means a lot of yards with little or no maintenance.   We have not had neighbor's in many months.  Enter the creeper from the neighbor's yard.  


On my walk around the yard, I noticed the runner's in a bare spot in the grass.  So, who is this invader from the neighboring yard?  Lets follow the trail...


Aah!  Here!


Who is this plant? 


Cat's claw vine, Macfadyena unguis-cati

Queue ominous music.


So, this fence is the neighbor's.  Let's follow it around, shall we.


It is a little out of control.



Okay, this is really no man's land, but it WILL be taken care of!  The family who lived here before were really nice people.  Maybe cleaning this up will help them get this place sold.  The thing that kills me is that only a few months have gone by and all this growth has happened.

Turns out two vines are growing back here.  


If anyone knows what this second plant is, I would love to know.


Okay, in the mean time, Happy Gardening!


4 comments:

  1. If only orchids and roses grew so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, that's scary! My vinophobia is kicking in just looking at the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe I am starting to have vinophobia myself

      Delete