Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A walk in the garden

What can we see what grows wild in a Florida yard.  I am the one who usually mows the grass I find it a nice activity (I know I 'm weird).  I let the yard grow for a while to see what we really had but not to long the neighbors got worried we had run away.

Really don't know what this is


This is a  type of Sida plant. Common Wireweed



Scarlet Spiderling (Boerhavia)



Creeping indigo (indigofera spicata)



Horseherb (Calyptocarpus vialis)




Turkey tangle fogfruit (Phyla nodiflora)




Mexican clover/Florida pusley (richardia scabra)



Phlox?




 Kiss me quick (Portulaca)




Beggar weed (desmodium) I really love this tiny plant



Phlox (phlox drummondii)


(phlox drummondii)


(phlox drummondii)

A few of the wilder plants growing.  I didn't add the Spanish needle that pops up all over.  Also Lantana that is growing wild but is not the Florida species.

Enjoy!






4 comments:

  1. I can almost study more, especially the small flowers, from the screen looking at the photographs. Or at least I notice things I otherwise wouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes like my oak leaves all over. When you look at those small flowers you can see so much detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed that you know the names of all of these Florida wildflowers/weeds. I usually just tug them out of my garden beds without a lot of thought. But sometimes the beauty of a tiny bloom catches my eye and bring back memories. Frogfruit and beggarticks, in particular, hold a lot of childhood nostalgia for me. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got some of these same plants in the wild areas of our property. Thanks for the I.D. on them...as I often wonder what their names are.

    ReplyDelete