Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Baby trees

I joined the Arbor Day Foundation.  Anyone can join for just $10.00 and you receive ten free trees or you can donate your trees to a national forest.  I picked ten flowering trees.  Three Eastern Redbuds, four White Dogwoods, and three Goldenrain Trees showed up on my door step.  



Of course there isn't the space for ten little trees that will grow to around thirty-five feet tall.  One Redbud and one Dogwood found homes in the front yard.  The rest found homes with friends.  I was surprised how excited everyone had become about the trees.



The whole planting process took a very short amount of time.  Between digging, planting, and mulching, it took maybe 30 minutes.  I did forget to soak the trees for three hours like the directions said...that is what I get for planting before coffee and breakfast.  I really hope they do okay.  I have checked them twice a day looking for signs of life out of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment