Sunday, March 29, 2020

You know it isn't a dream, it's love in bloom

Bloom bright and strong





Sometimes mistakes can turn out positive. A month or so ago I was wandering around a big box store waiting on the Dear Husband to finish finding parts for his project. The garden section is my usual browsing spot. At the beginning of the year, large shipments of spring flower roots packaged in bags come in. 

My preference in my garden is native plantings. I have a soft spot for roses and daylilies. As I wandered and waited I thought of purchasing some daylily roots but changed my mind. They could fill in a hard to plant spot in the front I thought as I walked to DH. Of course, I went back and grabbed a root bag before we left but I didn't look at what I grabbed. I mistakenly picked up Artistic Lily.

Instead of taking it back, I planted them. I owned my mistake and wanted to see how they would turn out. I have fallen in love. I'm going to sit out front and listen to old Crooners singing romantic songs in my ear. 

Be safe and keep growing. Take a few moments to embrace the mistakes to find the silver lining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment